2014 GINGERBREAD HOUSE BUILDING CONTEST
Sponsored by GPO & Dr. Shieh’s Clinic
Rules of eligibility and participation
- Houses must be on a sturdy surface no smaller than 12”x12” width and no larger than 24” x 24” width, and no smaller than 24” high and no taller than 40” high.
- Gingerbread must be used as the primary building material and all materials must be edible. Completed entries must be sprayed or coated with varnish, shellac, or similar sealant to prevent spoilage, deter pests and preserve the project.
- Contestants must bring in pre-baked gingerbread “walls”, icing, and other edible decorations. Houses must be built on site.
- The Gingerbread House building portion will take place on Saturday, December 13th in front of the Nike Store and will start promptly at 10:00 AM. Judging will take place at 2:00 PM.
- Entry houses must remain through the contest and must be picked up no later than 6:00p.m. on December 20th, except for winning entries, which must remain through December 27, 2014 and must be picked up no later than 6:00 p.m. on December 29, 2014.
- The Gingerbread House Building Contest is open to all non-profit organizations on island. Cash prizes will be awarded to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category: Most Original and Most Creative/Fun. (Total of 6 winners)
- Prizes are as follows: 1st Place - $1,000; 2nd Place - $500; 3rd Place - $300.
- GPO reserves the right to photograph or record audio or video of the entries, entrants or parts of the event. Winners may also be required to pose for pictures with their entries. GPO reserves all rights to any photography, video or audio and entrants agree that GPO may use such media for whatever purposes it chooses without further compensation.
- The decision of the judges will be final on all entries and awards.
- GPO reserves the right to modify contest conditions as deemed necessary or appropriate based on number of entries or other factors, including modification of judging criteria, merging or elimination of categories, or reduction of prize awards.